Job Title: Driver (Several Job Opportunities)
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Grade: GS-2
Job No: 499686
Reports to: Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide timely reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
· In charge of the maintenance of assigned vehicle. Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
· Responsible for the documentation of vehicle related information. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Driver career placement must have completed secondary education;
· Hold a clean and valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
· A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
· Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
· Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
· Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Results, Working with People
· Functional Competencies: Analyzing (I), Learning and Researching (I), Planning and Organizing (I), Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 3rd November 2016