Job Title: Hydrologist (Several Career Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Design
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Hydrologist will be responsible for carrying out hydrological and hydraulic studies for drainage catchments including determination of catchment areas and rainfall intensities; calculation of catchment run offs and discharge characteristics for bridges and drainage structures in line with UNRA guidelines and procedures. The Hydrologist will also be responsible for the determination of flood lines, slopes, capacity and sizes of various drainage structures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Hydrologist will review and update the Authority’s drainage manuals, standard drawings and specifications in line with UNRA guidelines;
· The jobholder will also plan and undertake Hydraulic and Hydrological studies for UNRA roads, bridges and structures projects in line with UNRA guidelines;
· Offer professional/technical input to the statements of requirements or terms of references for drainage studies and bidding documents in line with UNRA standards;
· Plan and coordinate the review of drainage aspects of all feasibility studies and designs in line with safety standards;
· The incumbent will plan and undertake inspection of the construction of bridges and drainage structures on UNRA roads in line with set standards and approved designs;
· Plan and implement a system of managing risks on drainage activities and develop risk mitigation measures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Hydrologist career opportunity should hold a Honors Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydrology or in any other relevant field;
· Also, the incumbent must hold a Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution with a Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
· Possession of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage;
· Professional registration with the Professional Engineers Registration Board (ERB) or its equivalent in the Commonwealth is a must;
· For those with a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Water resources engineering in a related field and other Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage;
· At least five years’ experience in hydraulic and hydrological engineering and studies;
· High level of integrity;
· Computer literacy skills
· Proven track record of outstanding performance;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to manage/supervise multi skilled teams and deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline