Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Education Specialist
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator - Education DREAMS will contribute to achieving retention of adolescent girls in schools through planning, monitoring and implementing the an early warning system for drop out of school and supporting the roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership and sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Implementation:
· Plan and coordinate all district based project activities in consultant with the Education Specialist
· Supervise and monitor ongoing school based project activities.
· Ensure quality in rolling out of education project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
· Ensure that teachers and adolescent girls are supported in breaking down models into simpler work breakdown structures for easy implementation
· The incumbent will track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
· Prepare and submit timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
· Participate in project management meetings and reflection forums
· Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
· Ensure cross-cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Technical Support and Training:
· Develop a district capacity building plan and mobilize participants for capacity building
· Mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on early Warning Systems
· Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers and district staff to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with community linkages.
· Identify technical experts to train district and community groups
· Work closely with the Program manager for technical support on capacity building in Early Warning systems for drop out
Partnership and Networking:
· Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
· Responsible for the mobilization of teachers and parents for project activities
· Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at district,
· Act as the point of contact for consultation on issues to do with project education programming.
· Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting:
· Carry out school mapping and peer group mapping in preparation for project activities
· Effectively document all information related to girl child enrolment trends in targeted school
· Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop out of children
· Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Community Development Facilitator - Education DREAMS employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, social science or any related field
· At least two years practical experience in education programming , experience secondary education is desirable and practical experience in HIV/AIDS programming will be an added advantage
· Previous experience working with youth and adolescents (including at risk youth) in schools
· Good training facilitation and coordination skills
· Excellent monitoring documentation and evaluation skills
· Experience in conducting school mapping and report writing
· Previous experience in working with youths and adolescents
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline