Job Title: Service Management Specialist
Organization: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Technology
Barclays Bank provides corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
Job Summary: The Service Management Specialist will act as the single point of contact for Technology. The jobholder will also take ownership of Help Desk and Incident management processes, providing guidance, support and leadership in coordinating Incident & Problem Management, Release Management and User Acceptance Testing for all bank system changes/enhancements. The incumbent will also act as a link between Business Units, IT, and offshore support teams for In-country Release management on all the periodic releases (changes) in the IT systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Availability: 50%
· Ensure technology incidents and problems are managed within SLA
· Manage problem management meetings
· The jobholder will manage the record management related to UAT and Change Releases.
· In charge of consolidating the sanity testing and live proving plan for release management.
· Follow up of Live proving results and update the stakeholders appropriately.
· Main contact point for the testing within the Business (IT, Operational areas and centers) and outside with International testing team
· Ensure the successful ongoing operation of the IT Service Desk functions.
· Identify any Gaps existing/ Assist in the development of test cases/scripts (show initiative) for UAT testing in support of the business units.
· Drive performance improvement in Incident, Change Release, UAT & Problem Management
· Producing periodic (scheduled & ad hoc) MI on Incident, Change Release, UAT & Problem Management
· Coordinate the availability management of all test environment to ensure they are available as and when required
· Ensure all incidents are logged and escalated accordingly where need arises
Product and Business Management: 25%
· Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
· Escalate Business unit service issues to the Head of GTIS and Head of Technology
· Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
· Offer support in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
· Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
People Management: 25%
· Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
· Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
· Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
· Manage the leave schedules of the team to ensure compliance with Leave requirements while maintaining adequate coverage of BAU.
· Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance review and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
· Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
· Actively participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) actions for the team.
Risk, Governance and Regulatory:
· Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
· Ensure that processes and controls are executed in daily work and understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
· Test a sample of activities on a weekly basis by reviewing documentation and checking work completed by team members to see if control requirements are being adhered to. Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
· Provide evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
· Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they are able to incorporate the changes on the effective date. Ensure that team members read circulars that are relevant to the area and answer questions they may have.
· Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Service Management Specialist job placement must hold a B.Comm and or BSc (Computing /IT)
· Possess ITIL Managers Certification or Equivalent
· ITIL v3 Expert
· At least five to ten years’ experience in IT exposure
· At least three years’ service management experience
· At least two years’ experience in a Leadership role
· Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
· Good negotiation skills (Solid)
· Strategic Thinking (Solid)
· ITIL - Governance Framework (Solid)
· Excellent communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
· Subject matter expertise (Solid)
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
· Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
· Ability to analyse, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
· Deciding and initiating action
· Learning and researching
· Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
· Relating and networking
· Adapting and responding to change
· Persuading and influencing
· Creating and innovating
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Barclays in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 12th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline