Job Title: Senior Manager- Wholesale Partners
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: GM-MTN Business
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager- Wholesale Partners will oversee and enable MTN Wholesale Partners across all products and segments in line with MTN’s business priorities. The incumbent will move beyond wholesale by extending MTN’s direct reach through GTM third parties to represent MTN through our products and delivering exceptional customer service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Position MTN as a wholesale capacity provider, including ICT services
· Create a new revenue stream for MTN OPCO and Group
· The incumbent will enable enterprise value props and expand coverage
· Penetrate new markets while managing and growing a distributed sales and support organization.
· Monetize MTN capacity and gain access to non-MTN countries
· Interface with respective product management managers, access management and commercial teams to develop customized solutions for customers
· Build and maintain executive and strategic relationships based on company's comprehensive suite of voice and data focused products
· Conducts proactive sales activities, including proactive needs assessment, applications development, Proposal presentation, order negotiation and post-sales service requirements.
· Grow the wholesale voice margin in agreed accounts and to achieve sales target as set by the company
· Develop and maintain structured account development plans and contract strategies;
· Ensure full adherence to pricing process, and proactively monitor inbound traffic to highlight any gaps against targets, streaming, irregular traffic patterns, and address accordingly
· Manage customers to ensure a timely payment of services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the MTN Senior Manager- Wholesale Partners career placement must hold a four-year tertiary qualification, degree, MBA / Masters Advantageous & first degree B. Com / Sales & Marketing / BBA/Engineering or equivalent.
· Commercial higher level qualification preferred
· Broad understanding and background in Service Provider based partners and channel management is an advantage
· At least five years’ managerial experience; with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in ICT Sector
· Three or more years’ experience in high transactional, fast paced, business-to-small business sales environment such as telecommunications, reselling activities, Wholesale voice industry;
· Worked across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
· Have a proven track record of delivering both tactical and strategic solutions to manage the bilateral relationship and selling into telecom operators worldwide;
· Preferable with previous experience in global clearing house companies or global telecom voice carriers
· Additional Training: Relationship sales training, Financial management, Products and Services, GSM technology/ Telecommunications, Contract appreciation and business related courses
· Business and Financial skills
· Well-developed negotiation and Persuasion skills
· Excellent Leadership and people skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving
· Strategic Management skills
· Good planning and reviewing skills
· Good motivational and coaching skills
· Performance management
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good budgeting principles
· Good presentation skills
· Financial and margin management skills (Risk management)
· High levels of Integrity
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the telecom industry should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda at Plot 22 Hannington Road (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 31st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline