Organisation: Raising Voices
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director
About Raising Voices:
Raising Voices is a non-profit organization which works to prevent interpersonal violence that happens in the home, in the communities and within institutions that community members use on a regular basis. Our work is organized into two departments; prevention of violence against women (VAW) and prevention of violence against children (VAC).
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer is responsible for the day-to-day Human Resource and Administration functions of the organization. The job holder also supervises and ensures effective performance of the Administrative Officer, Drivers and Security Guards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resource Management:
· The incumbent will oversee staff recruitment processes as per policy; i.e. supporting the development of JDs, drafting adverts, shortlisting of candidates, coordinating and participating in interviewing candidates, conducting reference checks, drafting appointment letters, staff contracts, orientation programs, etc.
· Maintain and regularly updates staff records; both physical and electronic.
· Coordinate staff appraisals and provide support to the supervisors as necessary.
· Coordinate staff development processes; working with supervisors to identify staff capacity development needs, developing training plans, etc.
· Maintain leave schedules and flexi time arrangements.
· The jobholder will coordinate staff welfare issues including health insurance, GPA, and other provisions of the HR manual.
· Actively promote workplace safety and compliance to labour laws by ensuring adherence to the regulatory framework.
· Coordinate all due processes for staff exiting the employment of Raising Voices.
· Effectively supervise the administrative officer, drivers, and security guards to ensure that they perform optimally.
· Lead the review and update of HR and Admin policies and procedures.
· Managing disciplinary processes in accordance with organizational policy.
· Meetings: Coordinate and serve as secretary to the quarterly general staff meetings. Conduct meetings of the Administration team and ensure proper documentation of the proceedings. Participate in any others that may be called management.
· Procure all goods and services in accordance with Raising Voice’s procurement policy.
· Serve as Secretary to the Procurement Committee.
· Maintain an up to date asset register and inventory.
· Ensure proper and appropriate deployment, fueling, servicing and repairs of organizational vehicles.
· Ensure effective and efficient management of the fuel system for cars and generators; monitoring consumption levels and ensuring timely top up of credit in the fuel cards.
· Ensure that drivers maintain comprehensive, accurate and up to date vehicle logbooks and service records.
· Ensure proper use and maintenance of office equipment such as computers, printers, cameras, generators, etc.
· Ensure that all organizational assets are insured and that all policies are comprehensive and up to date.
· Ensure that the offices are clean, safe and secure through effective supervision of the administrative staff.
· Develop and ensure effective implementation of the work plans and budgets for the HR and Admin departments.
· Ensure that firefighting and other workplace safety provisions (such as fire assembly points) are functional.
· Ensure proper documentation of administrative processes.
· In charge of drafting contracts for consultants and service providers.
· Issuing LPOs and ensuring proper contract management through effective follow up of LPOs and contracts with the service providers.
· Work with the finance and program teams to process payments in a timely manner.
· Actively participate in all Raising Voices’ organizational events and processes.
· Perform any other official duties which may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or other closely related field.
· Additional training in basic management.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the legal framework relating to HR management
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office
· Filing, Record/ stores keeping
· Knowledge of office administration ,policies and procedures.
· Practical experience in human resource management and supervision
· Strong problem-solving, organization, interpersonal and written/verbal communication and planning skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their soft copy applications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer’ with the following:
· A thoughtful cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position at this point in your career
· An updated CV / resume (no certificates)
· A One page write-up on the topic “Leading a Vibrant Professional Team.”
Hard copy applications should be delivered to: Raising Voices, Plot 16 Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 21st October 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline