Job Title: Senior Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Duma Works
Duty Station: Muyenga, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients. The company is a social enterprise that delivers safe drinking water to social institutions like schools.
About the Hiring Company:
The company is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever. We’re the first drinking water solutions company to allow schools to time their installment payments with the receipt of schools fees. We’re also the first to provide a 2-year preventive maintenance program included in every installation. This firm is growing quickly and is already in over 1,100 Uganda schools, and is aiming to reach 5,000 Ugandan schools by 2018 and is now in the process of regional expansion.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will manage the day-to-day financial management and administration of the organization, and ensure that the finance and administrative departments are successfully managed in compliance with company policies. The incumbent will oversee internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, and auditing. S/he also manages other administrative functions such as HR, procurement, inventory, transport and logistics. The incumbent will be responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures and new systems. The F&A Manager will play an important role in mentoring staff and identifying new hires as the company grows.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
· Design and implement systems and procedures, when and where needed, ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
· The jobholder will monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times
· Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents
· Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve un-reconciled differences
· Provide support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (HR, procurement, inventory, installations, maintenance and repair, customer service, impact measurement)
· Oversee international and national procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
· Manage inventory and all other assets, ensuring proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis
· Providing active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
· Take lead of the HR function, ensuring compliance with national labor laws and practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a degree in finance, accounting, business administration, CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification. Master’s degree preferred
· At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a private sector entity or a private-sector oriented NGO
· Broad knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to USA accounting procedures
· Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems
· Good skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills
· Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “2404”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2404 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. You can also send updated CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th October 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline