Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2016/07
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Compliance Officer
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Job Summary: The Senior Compliance Officer will actively promote equal opportunities and affirmative action through awareness campaigns and sensitization programs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participates in developing and implementing the compliance training plan
· Establishes and communicates reporting procedures and reporting models available to entities.
· Participates in conducting of impromptu surveys, inspections and investigations periodically to assess adherence to laws, policies; regional and international obligations and protocols.
· Conducts evaluations to identify areas of deficiency in order to develop tools and mechanisms for improvement.
· Updates and maintains a compliance database and management system to facilitate follow up on activities and actions
· Determines priority areas for compliance surveillance and monitoring
· Recommends actions relating to noncompliance or actions contrary to the legal framework.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Statistics or Social Sciences or Social Administration and Social Work Or Business Administration.
· Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Economics Or Public Policy and Management Or Project Planning and Management.
· A minimum of three years’ experience gained from a reputable organization.
· Policy Management;
· Good public relations skills
· Good leadership skills
· Information Communication Technology (ICT);
· Concern for quality and standards;
· Excellent communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Assertiveness and self confidence
· Good coaching and mentoring skills
· High degree of accountability
· Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline