Job Title: Security Manager
Organisation: BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Legal, BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd.
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operating in Uganda coveringl 10 districts through 147 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un served and underserved, now with over 160,000 borrowing clients, over 100Bn loan book with 99.3% recovery rate, operationally and financially self sustaining.
Job Summary: The Security Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the BRAC Uganda security operations. This position acts as a liaison between BRAC personnel and law enforcement authorities when responding to all security, criminal and safety matters, e.g. robbery, fraud, burglary etc administers security devices and settings at all BRAC facilities; identifies, analyzes, and controls existing and potential safety hazards; and provides security and safety training, support and guidance to all BRAC personnel. Advises BRAC's management through the Head of Legal, Senior Management and BRAC personnel of emerging security and safety issues and consults and guides BRAC in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop security policies, protocols and procedures to maintain maximum security standards.
· Implements security policies, protocols and procedures to maximize safety ana security of all BRAC staff and assets.
· Evaluate incidents and determine course of action, maintenance of the risk log, review security-related documents, such as incident reports and strategic initiatives and inform Management.
· The jobholder will also plan, direct, review and coordinate security activities including access controls to safeguard organizational assets, employees, clients/customers and property.
· Prepare reports and inform the Management team on internal investigations, losses, and/or violation of regulations, policies and procedures by staffs.
· Assist in emergency response and contingency planning
· Coordinate with security companies to recruit, train and supervise security guards as per organizational requirement and ensures their actions comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
· Perform any other related duties/assignments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree with skills in Security administration, counter-terrorism skills and knowledge, evacuations, first aid and other basic skills on security related certificates
· At least five years’ experience working in or at a supervising security systems and teams
· Five years’ security management experience in a high security threat environment preferably in a big organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least two referees in Ms. Office Word Document), All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents, MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE. In total, there must only be 2 attachments and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 6th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline