Job Title: Secretary to the Commission
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2016/01
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chairperson, Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Heads the secretariat and is the accounting officer for the commission
· Managing the development of the strategic plan for the commission
· Ensuring their effective functionality of the structures in the commission.
· Oversight and control of the commission’s operations and ensuring discipline, productivity and responsiveness to the overall functions of the commission.
· Taking overall responsibility and accountability over the commission’s finances and presenting budgets and programmes to the commission for consideration and approval.
· Responsible for the overall implementation of policies, programmes approved by the commission, developing work plans, setting performance targets and ensure monitoring and evaluation
· Responsible for coordinating the staff recruitment process and human resource development
· Formulating strategies and plans for mobilizing financial and other resources for the programmes of the commission
· Actively facilitating the development, maintenance and upgrading of information technology systems (IT)
· Representing the commission at the appropriate national and international for a
· Facilitating the process of preparation of periodic reports on the state of equal opportunities in the country and their submission to relevant authorities
· In charge of coordinating the activities of the commission with other government agencies, civil society organizations and development partners
· The jobholder will be responsible for recording all minutes of the meetings of the commission, and keeping all records and documents of the commission
· In charge of coordinating departmental activities, projects and programs and ensuring prompt accountability for monies expended and/or used in the execution of above.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Secretary to the Commission should be Ugandans holding a bachelors’ degree in arts or social sciences, business/public administration and management, Law, Finance, or Accounting from a recognized university/institution:-a master’s degree in any of the above fields.
· Possession of a post graduate diploma in public administration, working experience using equity and human rights based approaches in planning and programming will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant working experience in management or Public Administration, five (5) of which should have been served at the level of head of department in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: strong and effective administrative, organizational skills, high ethical standards and outstanding integrity, result and team oriented with good communication, interpersonal and public relation, innovativeness, flexibility and ability to work under pressure, must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and strong leadership and management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline