Job Title: Risk Manager
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Corporate Strategy Management
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Risk Manager will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management system for the organization. The Manager will also be responsible for carrying out risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks; carrying out capacity building of staff in risk management as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the Authority and risk reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the preparation of the risk management policy in the organization in line with the strategic plan;
· Plan, design and implement an overall risk management system for the organization;
· Assess and analyze risks including identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the Authority;
· Prepare an submit reports on risks and provide feedback to respective Directorates to understand their accountability for individual risks;
· Educate, train and support staff in risk identification and mitigation;
· Respond to audit reports and implement agreed recommendations within specified time frames;
· In charge of planning, budget and report in line with departmental guidelines and targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Risk Manager career opportunity should hold a Honors Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Civil Engineering or any other related degree.
· At least five years’ experience in risk management, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations, oral and written communication skills;
· Strategic thinking and ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks;
· Impeccable level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline