Job Title: Relationship Manager –Business Banking
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Segment Head Business Banking
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager –Business Banking will execute sales plans to ensure that all products meet budget commitments. The incumbent will provide responsive, proactive, proficient and effective banking service to business/wholesale banking customers, alert them of wealth creation opportunities offered by the Bank; there by expanding share of business. Extensive personal selling to SMEs, corporate bodies, NGOs, local governments & institutions of higher learning and any other business that falls in that category.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior relationship management by ensuring customer retention, loyalty, preference and devotion.
- The incumbent will provide advice and direction in business management.
- Drive sales to corporate, NGOs & local government among others to enhance growth in customer numbers and deposits.
- Keenly analyse and compare our product offer, service, pricing and financial performance against competition.
- Improve on relationship management through regular visits, timely feedback to clients & continuous anticipation of their needs with the aim of exceeding their expectations.
- Identify new or additional business openings in the market.
- Cross selling and retention of business banking vs. non borrowing clients in branches to maintain a clean & updated database.
- Grow our share of business in NGOs, local governments, SME’s, and corporate bodies’ country wide.
- Compile monthly wide business banking liability figures and monitor growth against targets.
- Market intelligence feedback on products/competition and how they are doing.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Relationship Manager –Business Banking job opportunity should hold a University degree in business related fields.
- Track record in sales management.
- At least five to seven years’ experience in banking of which 2-3 should be in relationship management & sales.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of all bank products coupled with intensive training.
- Computer knowledge especially spread sheet, word & power point.
- Relevant business experience and acumen.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, assertive and proactive.
- Be a self-starter who is oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A good team player who is able to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical power and innovative abilities.
- Full of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to energize others.
- Effectiveness & full of passion for the organization.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 17th October 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 17th November 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline