Job Title: Regional Finance Manager
Organisation: Millennium Promise
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Millennium Promise, or The Millennium Promise Alliance, Inc., is a non-profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware, dedicated to ending extreme poverty within our lifetime. Its flagship initiative is the Millennium Villages Project, which highlights how integrated, community-led development, even in some of the poorest communities across rural sub-Saharan Africa, can lead to progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and can provide communities with the basic tools and necessities to break out of poverty, on the path toward self-sustainable development. Millennium Promise oversees the Millennium Villages Project in collaboration with the Earth Institute at Columbia University and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
Job Summary: The Regional Finance Manager for East and Southern Africa will be responsible for ensuring that all Sustainable District Project (SDP) programs in his/her region have effective and fully operational financial management, financial reporting, and internal control systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will ensure that all sites are in compliance with Millennium Promise's financial policies, procedures, rules, and regulations including the financial reporting calendar of both the New York and the Regional Offices.
· Work closely with the sites and assist in the timely preparation of annual sites-level and Regional office budgets.
· Prepare monthly financial analytics of operating results from all site locations within the region and prepare a report for the MP Director of Finance, Africa Director of Finance & Administration,, and the MP CEO including the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow, and financial analytics for each site.
· Regularly monitor bank accounts of the regional site locations and making sure sites report monthly cash forecasts and expenditures.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations of all material accounts and make sure that they are prepared on a monthly basis.
· Provide cash forecasts to the MP Finance Director, and Africa Director of Finance & Administration to assure adequate funding of the regional and clusters bank accounts.
· Ensure that all accounting policies and procedures are strictly adhered to at the cluster sites and Regional Office and any deviations are reported to MP Director of Finance, Africa Director of Finance & Administration, and MP management.
· Assisting in providing financial reports for the East African sites to Millennium Promise donors and Board members.
· Work closely with both the internal auditor as well as the outside accounting firm in assuring interim and year-end audits are completed in a timely, effective, and efficient manner and to respond to audit requests.
· Offer technical assistance, training, and skills development support to MVP site Finance Officers, Bookkeepers, and Administrative staff as needed to ensure that they are able to effective perform their jobs.
· Ensure that Millennium Promise assets are being properly protected, utilized, and reported on.
· Act as the accountant for all special projects at sites-level within the East and Southern Africa Region.
· Perform all other duties assigned by MP management in Uganda, Dakar and NY.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must be a professional Finance Manager Qualification equivalent to a Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Management. A Master's degree is an added advantage.
· At least eight to ten years of increasingly responsible financial experience. NGO experience preferred, not required.
· Chartered Accountant or equivalent financial certification preferred.
· Good understanding of local reporting requirements.
· Prior experience with QuickBooks or similar automated financial accounting systems.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Previous experience in managing bank accounts, cash flow, and treasury.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Previous experience in developing budgets for multi-site organizations.
· Good Excel knowledge and the ability to use Excel to its fullest in developing models.
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter and updated CV with three professional references to email@example.com. Please address your application to the Regional Human Resources Manager, Millennium Promise Alliance and clearly indicate: Regional Finance Manager Uganda in the email subject line.
Deadline: 24th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline