Job Title: Regional Business Support & Finance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Director
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Job Summary: The Regional Business Support & Finance Manager – HECA will provide financial and risk management service in the HECA region (DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan, South Sudan, Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia and Uganda) by developing business intelligence that supports enhanced investment decisions and performance management. The incumbent will lead the regional financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting process, working closely with the country finance, executing and partner affiliates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Regional Performance Management & Business Intelligence: 60%
· Steward performance management across the region by leading the regional financial planning, budgeting and reporting process.
· The jobholder will also prepare the regional operational plan, budget and reports as per OI standards and processes.
· Lead business intelligence activities, performing proactive monitoring and analysis to drive strategic business decisions and continuous improvement activities
· Offer support in the development of KPIs and action planning to meet targets
· Understand the key drivers / scenarios that impact performance
· Analyse the impact of different financing strategies on regional programs
· Monitor funding pipeline – perform portfolio analysis of funding gaps vs. spending budget. Work in coordination with the regional and country business development leads to ensure financial sustainability of programs and work in the region
· Provide strategic financial counsel to the Regional Director, ensuring s(he) has regular, accurate and timely financial information.
· Develop a comprehensive knowledge of major programs and management issues in the countries in the HECA region.
· Support Collective Resource Allocation (CRA) decisions by ensuring the Global Program
· Influencing and Investment Framework (GPIIF) ratios are correctly interpreted and maintained.
Support reimbursement process:
· Support communication and information flow between Oxfam International Finance, affiliates and countries.
· Support a climate of continuous professional improvement in finance across the region, identifying key gaps and training opportunities for staff.
· Support staff training in key finance related issues and procedures, working closely with the relevant executing affiliates.
· Support financial governance by ensuring the RD and RGG have quality financial information that is presented according to defined processes and timelines (i.e. budget submissions from countries).
· Regularly monitor regional grants and ensure compliance with institutional donor policies by partner organizations / partners in coordination with regional affiliates that have signed contracts with donors.
Risk Management 40%
· Support the OI RD by conducting regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews for the region, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place.
· Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk in the region, working closely with country directors and executing affiliates.
· Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory reporting requirements in the HECA region including providing audited regional accounts to the relevant government bodies.
· Ensure compliance in the region with Oxfam financial procedures and policies, including financial risk management, anti-terrorism and money laundering, etc.
Leadership and Coordination
· As a member of the regional leadership team, support the development of the regional strategy, with a focus on ensuring sufficient capacity and support in the area of business operations.
· Offer support in the design and implementation of any required new systems, processes and policies, working in coordination with the functional teams in the region (countries and affiliates).
· Actively promote and shape the One Oxfam culture by facilitating spaces of participation and contribution across the various programs and support functions.
· Act as a change agent for 2020 processes, providing insight and vision on how to enable change and create process improvements.
· Ensure that the transformation agenda in the region and its action plan is effectively implemented across the HECA region, ensuring guidance and adequate support (i.e. support to country transition planning, etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold Graduate level qualification with a recognised accountancy qualification
· Full professional qualification in accountancy (e.g. CA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA)
· A significant amount of experience in providing a whole range of financial services to an organisation, ideally within the International NGO or public sector
· Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure
· Demonstrated ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation
· Good analytical and planning skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets
· Self-management including: ability to prioritise own workload and work independently and commitment to meet deadlines
· Ability to travel within and across the countries in the region without requiring visa
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team
· Excellent English Language (oral and written)
· Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
· Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
· Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization. We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
· Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
· Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
· Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.
· Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
· Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
· Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organisational decisions and actions.
· Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
· Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
· Self- Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
· Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support. We give more freedom and demonstrate belief and trust, underpinned with appropriate support.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and curriculum vitae with a daytime telephone contact using the link below quoting the position reference.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline