Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Job Summary: The Public Relations Officer will formulate strategies for promoting the Bureau image and provide information on policies and interests of the UNBS to the public and other stakeholders though various forms of media in line with UNBS mission and strategic objectives regularly respond to public inquiries to promote customer relations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop schedules for press conferences, talk shows and press reception with media houses.
· Produce company film documentaries for the Bureau activities and other materials to promote the Bureau image.
· Produce annual company newsletters, brochures, calendars and posters
· Assist in developing and implementing strategies for branding and marketing the bureau services
· Organise events including press conferences, exhibitions, publicity workshops and
· Offer support in the preparation of the production of UNBS publicity materials i.e. brochures, handouts, website content, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
· Actively promote the institution through use of online marketing tools
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNBS Public Relations Officer career placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass communication, Public Relations and Management, Journalism, B. Commerce, (Marketing option) BBA(Marketing option) or any other related field from a reputable university
· Membership to a professional body is an added advantage.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in relevant field of operation.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills written and verbal, proactive, and team player with ability to work under pressure and meet the requirements of the job.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet applications
· Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills
· Age: Between 25 and 35 years.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Bweyogerere Industrial Park,
Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road,
P.O. Bo x 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th October 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline