Job Title: Project Procurement Officer
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Procurement and Disposal Unit of the Agency
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
About ADB UREAP:
The Government of Uganda received a loan from the African Development Bank for the implementation of the Uganda Rural Electricity Access Project (UREAP). The Rural Electricity Access Project is one of several projects designed to achieve the target set in Rural Electrification Strategy and Plan (RESP-2), which aims to increase access to electricity in rural areas from 7% to 26% by 2022. The objective of the project is to provide access to electricity and enhance economic growth in rural areas of the country. Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Executing Agency for the project, under the supervision of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD).
Job Summary: The Project Procurement Officer will coordinate, monitor and provide procurement support in the implementation of procurement and disposal activities in accordance with ADB procurement guidelines and existing procurement procedures and laws
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Procurement Officer will be in charge of planning procurement and disposal activities
· Facilitate initiation of procurements for goods, works and services in line with relevant guidelines
· Responsible for the development and update of the procurement plans for goods, works and services and ensure timely approval by the relevant stakeholders
· Ensure adherence to the procurement plans by all stakeholders
· Support the entire tendering process till contract award
· Execute the contract management role in line with the applicable guidelines
· Ensure proper maintenance of procurement and disposal records
· Assist the Head Procurement and Disposal Unit to prepare for and coordinate procurement audit activities
· Work closely with suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
· Ensure timely preparation of reports as required by the ADB, PPDA and REA
· Support any other procurement and disposal responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelors (Honors) Degree in Procurement (or Purchasing and Supply Chain Management) obtained from a recognized awarding institution;
· Full professional qualification in Procurement/Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
· Previous exposure and experience in donor funded procurement guidelines will be an added advantage
· A minimum of three years’ work experience in handling procurement of goods, works and services.
· Broad knowledge and understanding with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (2014), Regulations and Guidelines
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline