Organisation: World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B)
Reports to: Country Director
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight to the project which includes managing partner relations and ensuring technical excellence and sound management. Represent WEI/B to GoU and other key stakeholders. The incumbent will be responsible for managing program activities in Bugiri and Mbale according to the proposal, budget and timelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical oversight (40%)
· Plan and coordinate the implementation of platforms to prevent in-school girls (aged 15-20) from dropping out together with Prevention and Economic Empowerment Clubs (PEECs).
· Plan and coordinate the implementation of platforms to respond to girls (aged 15-20) who have dropped out of school
· Support for girls supported by the project and their families to join VSLAs and other platforms for economic resilience
· Work closely with partner CSOs and relevant district departments to ensure mapping, identification and effective support for target girls and families.
· Plan and coordinate the strengthening of facility- community referral systems in line with case management approach and the case management actors to strengthen linkage and access to basic services by households and adolescent girls.
Project monitoring and documentation (25%)
· With program, M&E and finance teams, develop a systematic plan for program monitoring and support supervision to schools, communities, districts, partners and activity locations to monitor implementation.
· Work in liaison with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets
· Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual reports detailing periodic activities and outcome.
Programme Development and Implementation (20%)
· Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight to the project which includes managing partner relations and ensuring technical excellence and sound management
· Provide hands-on technical and management mentoring and support supervision to project staff to build technical capacity and provide effective mentorship and guidance to staff and partners
· The incumbent will inculcate results-based management and planning approaches to help ensure that targets are met in a timely fashion and that barriers to high quality programming are identified and resolved
· Work closely with the procurement, finance and/or other administrative or operational teams to ensure that processes are well understood and that bottlenecks are resolved to avoid programming delays
· Work closely with the Government of Uganda (GoU) and relevant ministries in the development, roll out, assessment, revision of models to promote harmonization with national policy and to advocate for scale up of successful program components
· Represent WEI/B to GoU and other key stakeholders
Representation, Networking and Advocacy (15%)
· Represent World Education/Bantwana in technical program-related meetings, OVC meetings, and other collaborative events.
· Strengthen collaboration within formal and non- formal child protection service providers to ensure comprehensive service delivery to vulnerable households.
· Actively promote synergies across programs and partners through collaboration and technical exchange visits between teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Project Manager (ELMA (Pregnant Teens and Adolescent Moms) must hold a Post Graduate Degree
· A minimum of five to ten years’ experience in Community Development, OVC, Health, Social Welfare, Development Studies, Gender Studies Or Education.
· Prior exposure and experience implementing community health activities in the field with a focus on adolescent girls and young women preferred.
· A confident self-starter who displays initiative, creativity and strategic thinking
· Broad knowledge and understanding of gender dynamics and issues affecting girls’ education and adolescent development
· Significant experience or willingness to tackle sensitive subjects concerning girls’ education, early marriage, teen pregnancy with community members, schools, caregivers, local authorities, etc.
· Good knowledge of case management, community- facility linkages, integration of multiple programmes, national child policies and programmes.
· Experience working as part of a multi program organization
· Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub awards and contracts.
· Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required.
· Numerical skills for data analysis are required.
· Strong skills and experience leading/working across technical teams, networking, facilitation and strategic thinking
· High levels of integrity and commitment to growing leadership and management skills
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
· Previous experience in planning and managing surveys, developing data collection tool, and data quality assessments and oversight.
· Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
· Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for evaluations.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
· Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline