Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Youth Alive Uganda
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Director Programs
Youth Alive Uganda was started by a group of youth under the guidance of Sr. Dr. Miriam Duggan in Kamwokya, a Kampala suburb which was severely affected by a diversity of social and health problems, chief among them HIV&AIDS. The group realized that the most infected and affected were youth; mainly adolescents and young adults. In response, a youth friendly HIV prevention strategy was designed resulting in the foundation of Youth Alive Uganda, Starting as a peer support group. As more groups were established, the first one became the Secretariat on 1 July 1993 and fully registered as an NGO in 1995. Youth Alive Uganda has since then spread to 17 other African countries and still continues to spread.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
Youth Alive is a consortium partner in implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Project Manager will oversee the designing and coordinating group based interventions in enterprise development and business model canvas
· Work closely with financial institutions to design and rollout financial inclusion products
· Develop technical guides in rolling out the integrated youth curriculum
· Take lead in developing guides on formation and registration of youth associations/cooperatives
· Offer support to operational research in youth programming approaches & participatory methods
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Project Manager career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Business with bias in Agribusiness or its equivalent
· A minimum of five years’ experience in designing and implementing livelihood/ agribusiness & OVC youth programs.
· Prior exposure and experience in agricultural extension work and providing advisory services to youth groups
· Strong in training and facilitation skills
· Good knowledge of cost management principles and practice especially in civil society sector/NGO sector.
· Previous experience with international projects for livelihood/agribusiness & OVC programming.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Highly creative, analytical, with good problem solving skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
· Experience in facilitating the Youth Alive EFL Curriculum is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications either by hand delivery to the office of the Executive Director: Plot 148B, Old Kira Road, Kamwokya, Kampala OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline