Job Title: Project Coordinator WASH
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator WASH will oversee all WASH activities under the NRC Yumbe WASH Project, in close collaboration with other implementing partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the coordination and full implementation of the WASH project while working in close collaboration with WASH Project Manager according to strategy and plan,
· Work closely with the M&E Officer, ensure timely monitoring and evaluation of the project to make sure that project implementation is on track
· In close liaison with Finance department, monitor budget and project finances. Maintaining strong financial control on budgets by ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with donor and NRC regulations and guidelines
· Supervise all the WASH project staff, providing on capacity building of the team
· Work in close liaison with WASH Manager, develop WASH project proposals.
· Develop Annual activity and Workplans
· Prepare and submit timely quality project reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) according to donor requirements and NRC M&E guidelines.
· Work closely with local authorities and stakeholders in WASH to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the program
· Represent NRC on WASH working group, cluster and other WASH-related meetings in the field
· Mentoring, training and development of WASH staff
· Organize trainings for the WASH team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
· Perform any other tasks assigned by both the Head of Office, Area Manager and WASH PM for the overall Management, Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation of the program
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Project Coordinator WASH job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and related fields
· A minimum of three years’ experience in Project Management with a local or international humanitarian organisation;
· Previous experience with emergency WASH interventions and programming is essential;
· Proven track record of management skills, including personnel and financial management
· Skilled in handling insecure environments
· Skilled in managing resources to optimize results
· Ability to empower and build trust
· Skilled and experience in managing performance and development
· Good planning and delivering results
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline