Job Title: Project Accountant
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
About ADB UREAP:
The Government of Uganda received a loan from the African Development Bank for the implementation of the Uganda Rural Electricity Access Project (UREAP). The Rural Electricity Access Project is one of several projects designed to achieve the target set in Rural Electrification Strategy and Plan (RESP-2), which aims to increase access to electricity in rural areas from 7% to 26% by 2022. The objective of the project is to provide access to electricity and enhance economic growth in rural areas of the country. Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Executing Agency for the project, under the supervision of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD).
Job Summary: The Project Accountant will mainly be responsible for overall financial management of the assigned project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the overall Financial Management of the Project. Ensuring that all accounting records and bank accounts are up-to-date, using Excel Spread sheets and computerized accounting system.
· Preparing monthly Bank reconciliation for all bank Accounts.
· Enhancing systems of internal control (goods, works/services, fixed assets/civil works)
· Preparing cash flow forecasts in consultation with the Project Coordinator
· In charge of preparing monthly returns for onward transmission to Government of Uganda and the funding agencies.
· Responsible for preparing Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements for parallel financing to the projects from other donors and counterparts funds as well as timely reporting to the Accounting Officer on material variances.
· The jobholder will be ensuring compliance with Operating procedures of Government and the Financing Agencies e.g. Procurement, Disbursements, Special Accounts, IFRs, Special Commitments etc.
· In charge of monitoring the financial management aspects of the progress of contracts, e.g. deliveries versus amount paid.
· Supporting Project Coordinators in monitoring performance against agreed Financial Performance Indicators.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (honours) Degree in Accounting and Finance, Commerce, Business Administration (Accounting Option) or Business Statistics
· A minimum of three (3) years working experience
· Partial Professional Qualification with a recognised accounting body i.e. ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline