Job Title: Programs Manager
Organization: Fields of Life Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Fields of Life Uganda is a charitable organization that has been operating in Uganda since 1993. FOL-Uganda services are delivered through a community and faith based intervention model. We envision a society where vulnerable and marginalized people’s lives are changed, their communities transformed and their hope built through our faith-based approach to development work.
Job Summary: The Programs Manager will support the effective implementation of our rapidly growing work in East Africa. The Programs Manager supervises the WASH coordinator, Infrastructure coordinator, Education coordinator, Sponsorship coordinator, the Outreach coordinator and the Hydro-geological and drilling coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Coordinators to understand the Strategic plan and how to link it to their projects/ departments.
· Ensure that all project initiatives and interventions developed are directly derived from and linked to specific thematic areas and objectives as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
· Work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure that all projects have clear and functional procedures and systems for learning, knowledge development, impact assessment and human resource management.
· Provide mentorship and capacity building to Coordinators to enable them acquire essential competencies in project management.
· Managing and appraising supervisees on their individual work plans.
· Organise trainings and network events and other activities to achieve the goal of the organisation’s capacity building program
Partnerships and Networking:
· Work closely with the Partnership Liaison Coordinator to identify potential partners and advise the Executive Director on the type of partnerships to pursue and their long term benefits to FOL East Africa.
· Identify and maintain relations with relevant local and global networks that can advance FOL East Africa’s visibility, positioning and relevance in development work.
· Actively participate in partnership discussions, ensuring that FOL East Africa’s contribution is always felt and is significant.
· Support the Coordinators to develop meaningful partnerships for service delivery
Program Development and Resource Mobilization:
· Identify new program content, innovative and cost effective ways of delivering FOL East Africa interventions.
· Take lead in the identification of opportunities for developing new programs either directly or through strategic partnerships.
· Directly participate in fundraising, resource mobilization and proposal development.
· Work closely with the MELM and International Development Manager to identify new areas of research; analyze and utilize local and global research findings to enrich FOL East Africa interventions.
· Support all programs to adapt, utilize and mainstream national, regional and global standards and guidelines; government policies such as the SDGs, into programs operations.
Governance and Organisation Development:
· Have a clear and up to date understanding of the national environment in which FOL East Africa programs are contextualized
· Regularly advise the Executive Director of any imminent and foreseeable developments (political, social, competition, policy) in the national operational environment and their impact on local programming.
· Work closely with the Senior Management Team and or Coordinators to ensure that all program related management systems are sensitive and responsive to change; can anticipate risk and manage change effectively.
Reporting and Coordination:
· Build capacity of HODs in report writing and support them to ensure timely reporting to donors and partners.
· Manage the Programs Working Group.
· Work with the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager to ensure that reporting templates; data collection tools and progress monitoring tools are developed for each project and systematically utilised.
· Work in liaison with the Executive Director to ensure that each project receives adequate and regular support supervision from the HODs.
· Review and finalise program reports from the Coordinators for onward submission to the Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Programs Manager job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in a development related field with a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; social sciences, social work, psychology; development studies or a related field.
· A minimum of five years consistent and demonstrable experience managing a portfolio of multiple projects in at least three of the following program areas; Education, Sponsorship child protection, WASH, women’s empowerment, livelihoods and food security, or any related program area.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, strategic analysis, team building and people management skills, decision making skills as well as impeccable self-organisation and work planning skills.
· Program competencies include; advocacy and networking skills; partnership building; proposal development; project idealisation and implementation; project monitoring and evaluation; action research and application of research findings for program development.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three work-related referees to the address or email below:
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante,
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline