Job Title: Programmer/Planner
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Construction Manager
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Programmer/Planner will be responsible for planning, budgeting, costs estimation for resources for undertaking road rehabilitation/development projects under the Construction Unit. The Planner will also be responsible for carrying out risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks and development of risk mitigation strategies for construction works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review project schedules and schedule risk analysis
· Set-up appropriate project implementation programs that enable the Project Team to deliver projects within time, quality and costs while ensuring high productivity, performance and safety within the projects
· Develop Construction/Procurement program and plans
· Prepare the Department’s Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Work plans, cost estimation and Budget
· Formulate planning strategies for road rehabilitation and development projects
· Establishing methodologies for key critical construction activities
· Ensure compliance with project planning policies, procedures, contract Management guidelines, Standards and best practices
· Establishing short, medium and long-term Project monitoring strategies and proactively leading a planning and controls culture across the project teams in accordance to best practices
· The Programmer/Planner will organize project requirements in programming sequence, analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using computer resourced based programs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Programmer/Planner job opportunity should hold an honors degree in Civil Engineering;
· Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management is a must
· Previous exposure and experience in other project management computer based packages will be an added advantage.
· At least three years’ experience as a Planner on road rehabilitation /Development Construction projects
· Prior working experience with Project Teams with diverse professions.
· High level of integrity;
· Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to manage/supervise multi skilled teams and deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline