Organisation: Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Component Manager
Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) was established by eight of Uganda’s International Development Partners including Austria, Denmark, EU, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated multi-donor support to state and non-state actors aimed at enhancing democratic governance in Uganda. It is based upon three components: Deepening Democracy; Rights, Justice and Peace; and Voice & Accountability.
Job Summary: The Programme Manager - Civic & Political Affairs will be tasked with reviewing project proposals, monitoring partner project implementation and providing timely technical support and quality assurance to implementing partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide a contextual analysis of national and international key developments in the Civic and political affairs sector and recommend best practices to be adopted
· Actively contribute to the design of calls for proposals, review the submitted proposals and select competent partners for funding under the sector in line with DGF terms and conditions
· The incumbent will receive, review and monitor partner work plans and budgets and ensure compliance to DGF financial and programmatic guidelines
· Regularly monitor and evaluate partner project implementation and provide technical guidance and quality assurance to partners regarding implementation of the projects
· Manage the disbursements of funds to partners and review their financial reports to ensure compliance to DGF partner financial guidelines
· Carry out partner needs’ assessment and design strategies for building the capacity of civic & voter education partners in the relevant thematic area
· Receive, record and review partner progress reports as well as provide feedback to partners regarding the performance of their projects
· Provide guidance to Component Manager/Deputy Component Manager on the program interventions as well as programmatic direction
· Build and maintain functional working relationships with key stakeholders including state and non-state partners
· Prepare annual and quarterly work plans for the subcomponent and report on the sub component’s performance in line with the DGF log frame
· Actively promote and monitor the mainstreaming of crosscutting issues such as gender equality into the activities of implementing partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an advanced University degree in Political Science, Law, Human Rights or any other relevant field
· Additional training in Project planning and management, financial management, monitoring and evaluation
· At least five years’ experience working with Political Parties, Civil Society Organisations
· Excellent track record of maintaining constructive relations with partners and managing financial and technical support
· Competencies: Result-Based Management, programme design and implementation, capacity development, organisational development and Monitoring and evaluation, Strategy & Planning, Leadership & Team building, Collaboration & Partnership, Decision Making, Contract Management & Budgeting, Program Knowledge, Reporting & Documentation
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 28th October 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline