Job Title: Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP- 025/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise all Genexpert proficiency testing (PT) activities of NTRL and scheme coordinators.
· Review feedback and performance reports after a PT scheme including provision of advice in evaluating performance of participants, responding to feedback from participants and comments on performance of participants.
· Provide quarterly PT work plans and reports for both PT schemes
· Ensure PT scheme schedule is strictly followed and requirements for PT schemes are available.
· Where applicable, organize meetings with participants including commenting or provide feedback to comments on any technical difficulties from previous PT rounds raise by participants or observed through internal audits and assessment.
· Organizes quarterly performance meetings for the PT team
· Carry out External Quality Assessment and supervision visits in the field as directed by the supervisor
· Carry out and document quality assurance and quality control activities.
· Develop and review policies, procedures, guidelines and protocals related to PT scheme
· Follow laboratory safety policies and practices
· Perform laboratory procedures including sample reception, processing, analysis, data entry, archiving and shipping in accordance to approved Standard Operating Procedures
· In charge of the maintenance of equipment and their respective documentation
· Adheres to the HR SOP and ethical code of conduct
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory technology or health related degree from a recognized University/Institution
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences or health related field from a recognized University/Institution is an added advantage
· The applicant must be licensed by the Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC)
· A minimum of two years’ experience working in TB culture Laboratory
· Two years’ experience working in ISO 15189 accredited laboratory
· At least three years’ experience in managing proficiency testing schemes or related programmes
· Should have knowledge on ISO 17043 standard
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline