Job Title: Proficiency Testing Data Manager
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP- 028/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will develop Database(s) for managing Genexpert PT data.
· Carry out and document procedures for Genexpert PT data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
· Validate tools used in Genexpert site assessments and data collection
· Develop Genexpert PT data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design, project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage.
· Create and enforce policies for effective Genexpert PT data management according to the ISO 17043 standard.
· The incumbent will formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
· Establish rules and procedures for sharing Panel Testing Results with upper management, external stakeholders.
· Offer support in the preparation of reports and Genexpert data extraction when needed.
· Regularly monitor and analyze Genexpert PT information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
· Ensure that the Genexpert PT database and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
· Troubleshoot Genexpert PT data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Proficiency Testing Data Manager must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, epidemiology or a related field from a recognized University/Institution
· Prior exposure and experience in the medical field is an added advantage.
· Must have knowledge on ISO 15189 and ISO 17043 standard.
· Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
· Previous experience in the use of SPSS, Stata, epi-info or epidata.
· Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
· Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
· An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline