Job Title: Procurement Support Officer
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement and Disposal Unit
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Procurement Support Officer will be providing administrative support to the Procurement and Disposal Unit and user departments as applicable
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offering support in the operations of the procurement and disposal function;
· Support preparation, updates and reporting on implementation of procurement plan for management and PPDA;
· Assist in compiling periodic procurement performance reports;
· In charge of assembling and documenting procurement transactions;
· Responsible for monitoring of pre-bid meeting dates, bid closing/opening dates, expiry dates of bid validity period, bid securities and performance securities;
· In charge of the maintenance of proper procurement records and files including supplier databases;
· Monitoring of contract management processes including compilation of reports
· Follow up on delivery of goods and services purchased;
· Assist in drawing agenda for and taking minutes during Contract and Evaluation Committee proceedings;
· Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Procurement Support Officer job placement should hold a Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Procurement, Law, Engineering Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university.
· Possession of post graduate qualification in a relevant field or with internationally recognized procurement professional body like CIPS is an added advantage;
· A minimum of three years’ experience gained while serving with a reputable public or private commercial or donor funded organization, preferably at a similar level/position.
· Computer skills (Preferably Microsoft office Applications).
· Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
· High business acumen.
· Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
· Highly analytical and problem –solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· High degree of integrity and honesty
Clearance: The successful applicant will be subject to National Security Vetting in line with the National Information Security Framework (NISF).
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline