Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Organization: Enterprise Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Enterprise Uganda provides an integrated and comprehensive range of business development services (BDS) such as entrepreneurship training, business advisory and counseling service, information, business planning, marketing, technology, business linkages and other services to assist both start ups and existing businesses to resolve their problems and prepare plans for growth using a hands-on approach.
Job Summary: The Procurement Specialist is tasked with planning, executing and implementing the procurement function of the institution in strict compliance with relevant laws and regulations, policy and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate and monitor the implementation of procurement activities, ensuring that they are carried out in line with the approved delegation of institution protocol and in accordance with the procurement guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Prepare tender documents and manage the tendering process within the established guidelines of the institution;
· Draw the annual procurement plan, coordinate and monitor the implementation of procurement activities, prepare contracts, develop and implement systems for monitoring and evaluating suppliers’ performance.
· The incumbent will implement appropriate sourcing strategies to achieve value for money and to assure an adequate source of supplies and stock levels.
· Develop and implement systems for proper identification and pre-qualification of suppliers of goods and services according to procurement laws, and advise management on forecasts and procurement planning.
· Ensure accurate maintenance and safe storage of records for all procurement activities.
· Develop, review and recommend new or improved procurement policies and procedures for continuous improvement to match the Authority's current and future business plans.
· Steer the development of the solicitation documents;
· Manage the boarding off and disposal of assets in consultation with user departments in accordance with the institutions guidelines;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Procurement Specialist must hold an Honours Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Procurement, Business Administration with specialisation in purchasing and supplies, or a related field. Possession of a Master's degree in procurement or a related field will be an added advantage.
· Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or other relevant internationally recognised procurement professional body is an added advantage.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in procurement in a reputable organization;
· Previous experience in managing tenders, negotiations, contract placements, delivery and payments.
· Computer literacy skills
· Strategic, conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
· Self-driven person with well-developed oral, written and communication skills.
· Demonstrated high level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should deliver their applications addressed to the Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda offices, Plot 38 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 4pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline