Job Title: Procurement Officer- Works
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager Works
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer- Works will participate in the procurement of works including preparing the procurement plan, bidding documents, participate in the bidding and evaluation process, pre-contract negotiation, preparing and issuing approved contract documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will coordinate the preparation of procurement plans by user departments;
· Follow up with the user departments on the initiation of works procurements and on submission of technical inputs to the statement of requirements;
· Ensure that all the submissions to the Contracts Committee on works procurements are prepared in a timely manner as defined in the procurement regulations;
· Follow-up and implement decisions of the Contracts Committee on works procurements and submit regular updates on status to the Manager;
· Prepare and publish bid notices (adverts) and issue approved bidding documents for works procurements;
· Actively participate in pre-bid meetings, site visits, clarifications, bid closings and bid openings for works procurements;
· Prepare monthly and other reports as scheduled in the PPDA Regulations and submit to the Manager;
· Participate in the drafting of contract documents and submit to Manager;
· File and reference all procurement related documents and records;
· Regularly monitor implementation of contracts;
· Respond to audit queries in the procurement of works.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Procurement Officer- Works career opportunity should hold a Honor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Law, Procurement, Economics, Social Sciences or any other relevant Degree from a recognized University;
· Qualification in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies CIPS) is an added advantage;
· At least three years’ experience in public procurement of works or any other relevant experience.
· Computer literacy skills are mandatory
· Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations, oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks;
· Impeccable level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline