Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is an international non-profit organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Procurement & Logistics Manager will primarily advance compliance and value for money through the effective procurement of goods and services, and effective distribution of those products across all MSU’s service delivery channels and operations nationwide. In managing this key area of organizational risk, s/he is will develop and ensure full compliance with effective policies, strategies and systems that deliver cost effective, donor compliant, high quality, timely delivery of all procurement and logistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management:
· Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
· The jobholder will manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
· Ensure effective lines of communication between the user departments and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
· Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
· Build and manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to MSU and ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
· Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with MSU Procurement Manual, Finance Manual and donor policies.
· Manage and monitor all transnational procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
· Develop, approve and implement Procurement strategy that reflects value for money
Contracts Administration and Management:
· Develop appropriate contract management tools, guidelines and manuals for standardization and knowledge sharing purposes
· Provide oversight over various contract management processes and ensure transparency by developing and implementing systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions in collaboration with Department Heads.
· The incumbent will also negotiate contract terms with bid winners and the selected contractors in the best manner achieving the best interest of MSU, its clients and beneficiaries
· Regularly monitor and analyze contract performance against agreed benchmarks through agreed reporting mechanisms and advise projects on potential issues and recommend remedial actions
· Acquire assets and equipment and implement the write off / disposal of recommended items as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
· Facilitate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles in a cost effective manner
· Visit field offices on a regular basis with the aim of monitoring and evaluating the provision of logistical inputs and identify actions to be taken and implement necessary improvements in the system.
Team Leadership: Clear and inspirational leadership to create a mutually supportive, motivated and trusted team developing individual and collective strengths while understanding the limits of their respective authority areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field.
· A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery and management of procurement and supply chain services, logistics and assets management
· CIPS certification highly desirable
· Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
· Excellent knowledge of risk management in the area of procurement and logistics
· Proven ability to manage and lead high-performing teams through encouraging innovation and creativity
· Demonstrated ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods and to analyze procurement and supply chain service requirements
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the MSU values and ethical standards
· Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
· Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
· Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
· Fluency in both verbal and written English is essential.
· Attitude / Motivation:
· Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
· Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
· Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
· Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
· Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
· Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
· Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
· Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
· Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
· Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
· Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
· Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
· Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
· Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
The Manager Procurement & Logistics is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
· Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
· Equality of opportunity and access
· Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Apply Online option with this Position Title
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 by 12:00 am
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline