Job Title: Procurement and Administrative Coordinator
Organisation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Site Administrator
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, non-profit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI)/Hutchinson Center Cancer Alliance is a collaborative venture with the UCI and Fred Hutch to establish a state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility located in Kampala, Uganda. The aim of this joint effort between Fred Hutch's Global Oncology program (GO), and the UCI, is the development of new low-cost prevention and treatment strategies for ameliorating the high burden of infection-related cancers. Clinicians and scientists work together to enhance patient access to care, diagnosis and research-based treatment. The UCI/Hutchinson Center Cancer Alliance seeks to develop effective prevention and treatment strategies for infection-associated cancers to benefit the millions of people in Uganda, the United States and worldwide who suffer from these malignancies.
Job Summary: The Procurement and Administrative Coordinator will provide procurement, stores management, administration and logistics support to all HCRI-Uganda programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will compute and compile all procurement requirements from line departments and collect all required approvals prior to purchase
· Prepare vendor agreements, follow up agreement review for tax compliance and shepherd them through the process for administrative review and approval
· Handle supplier correspondence about procurement procedures and updates
· Work in liaison with the suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services as per contract agreements
· Ensure timely payments to suppliers by liaising with relevant departments
· Advertise tenders, receive and register bids
· Attend to inquiries and notify bidders of the outcome of the bidding process
· Establish, maintain and update procurement filing system, records and supplier database
· Provide periodic procurement reports on assigned duties
· Maintain the updated Approved Vendor List
· Ensure that the Kira Rd office building, equipment and surroundings are kept tidy, and in good working condition at all time.
· Perform general office work as assigned by the Site Administrator.
· Responsible for the safe keeping of office documents including organizing, filing and retrieving them.
· Provide administrative support for HCRI-Ug or Collaboration-related meetings including taking meeting minutes and recording action items as requested.
· Provide administrative assistance to senior HCRI-Ug staff, as requested
Transport and Logistics:
· Mentor and supervise the HCRI-Uganda Driver including developing weekly/daily schedules and coordinating between staff to allocate use of the vehicle
· Regularly monitor vehicle mileage log on a weekly basis and review completed monthly activity reports for Site Administrator approval every first day of the month
· Ensures that the vehicle policy and procedures are being met and maintenance/service are achieved in a timely manner
· Manage HCRI-Uganda staff use of hired transport. Track usage of hired transport and provide monthly reports to Site Administrator
· Manage the day to day operations of the stores supplies
· Ensure that all stock movement are properly authenticated and correctly recorded
· Maintain appropriate stock levels at all time
· Ensure stock is stored in a safe and secure manner
· Ensure the store is maintained in an orderly and clean condition at all time based on best practices
· Prevent dangerous or careless practices in the lifting and shifting of heavy items
· Implement safety/fire regulations in the store
· Prepare and submit monthly stock reports to Site Administrator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area with a bias in procurement & logistics
· At least three years’ experience in a similar position in a busy organization
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong work-ethic and solid integrity
· Concern for quality and standards
· Excellent communication and time management skills
· Strong computer and word processing skills and proficiency with a variety of software packages including Skype, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Must have work authorization in Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline