Job Title: Principal Education and Training Officer
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2016/02
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Commissioner: Education, Training, Information and Communication
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Principal Education and Training Officer will be tasked with reviewing sensitization and training programmes designed by staff under his/her jurisdiction;
· Guiding the Commission in the development of sensitization manuals, messages and posters
· Coordinating the implementation of sensitization and training programmes
· Actively participating in the development of the commission’s annual and strategic plans
· Identifying prospective development partners, and initiating concept notes and proposals for possible funding
· Responsible for supervising, coaching and guiding staff under his/her jurisdiction
· In charge of compiling and submitting periodic reports
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Principal Education and Training Officer should be Ugandans holding an honours bachelors degree in either education, community and adult education, development studies, social work and social administration, or other humanities from a recognized university.
· Specialization in special needs education or post graduate qualifications in education, human rights or gender/equity studies, and management studies will be of added advantage.
· At least five years of working experience, three of which at senior level in education, training or other relevant field with government; or equivalent experience from a reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: Education/training management, people management, effective communication, planning, organizing and coordinating, computer literacy, innovativeness and ethics and integrity
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline