Job Title: Primary Teacher
Organisation: Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU) is a co-educational school located in Lubowa,the school provides international education to students between 2 and 19 years of age. From kindergarten to year 13 students are taught using student-centered methods. Emphasis is on the development of the whole person by producing creative, self-reliant, respectful and moral individuals who will build a better world for us all.
Job Summary: The Primary School Teacher educates children between the ages of 7 and 13 under a prescribed curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills and foster social, physical and emotional growth. Subject areas within their curriculum include mathematics, English, science and humanities. The teacher facilitates learning by establishing a relationship with pupils, and by their organization of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines;
- Teaching a full range of subject areas;
- Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative instructional delivery and planning;
- Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom;
- Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks;
- The incumbent will be assessing and evaluating students’ educational progress and abilities;
- Setting and conducting tests and Exams;
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary;
- Organizing, attending and supervising school activities such as trips, school concerts, camps and sporting events;
- Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Diploma in Primary Education;
- A minimum of three years of working experience in Primary education, teaching in an International school setting is an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Good organisational and time-management skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm, stamina, patience, dedication and self-discipline;
- Initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities;
- Imagination, creativity and innovation;
- Good judgement and an analytical mind.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline