Job Title: Planning Officer
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Revenue Accountant - Advertising
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda's most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Planning Officer will enable smooth flow of the newspaper planning process by liaising with Business Executives, Editors and the Production teams to ascertain that everything is done within the stipulated deadlines. This job entails coming up with the layout of the newspaper based on the amount of advertising volumes, all this is done in consultation with the Revenue Accountant – Advertising.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generates the layout of the newspaper based on the amount of advertising volumes;
· Works closely with the sales team to ensure adverts are placed as per the client requirements by advising the sales team on the availability of advertising space and prime positions;
· Balances the needs of both internal and external clients while still maintaining a proper paper layout as per the set standards;
· Builds a good working relationship and strong rapport with both internal and external customers;
· Ensures all advertising material is proofed and passed before the deadline;
· Escalates any difficulties in good time for resolution and liaises with the Finance, Graphics and Sales teams to help resolve them.
· Works closely with Editorial and Legal office to ensure all public notices, Legal notices, political advertisements and Caveat Emptor are approved before publication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a University Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
· A minimum of three years’ relevant experience preferably in an FMCG industry
· Excellent technical skills;
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Excellent numerical skills.
· Advanced Computer skills
· Demonstrable and proven experience in meeting deadlines
· Innovative and creative
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with daytime telephone number via E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline