Job Title: Personal Secretary
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Assistant
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Personal Secretary will provide professional, Secretarial and administrative support in the office of the Executive Director (ED) and ensure efficient and effective planning, directing, managing and coordination of the day-to-day activities. The incumbent will also ensure the provision of personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner and on a variety of tasks related to the ED’s office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize facilities for meetings/workshops or official events in support of the ED’s activities including booking venues, planning for and providing logistics like equipment, stationery, refreshments, and other facilitation for all activities.
· The incumbent will develop and maintain an up-to-date contact list for the ED’s business engagements
· Serve as the first point of contact for the ED’s visitors and ensure provision of good service to them
· Requisitioning for and managing the ED’s office stationery and equipment.
· The jobholder will manage all front desk requirements in the office of the ED courteously and responding to their inquiries professionally.
· Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the ED’s office
· Responsible for secretarial services in the office of the ED and take dictation, transcribing, editing and presenting accurate work.
· In charge of attending to callers either in person or on telephone and ensure that incoming emails and outgoing emails are adequately managed.
· Ensure that all correspondences in the ED’s office are appropriately filed.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Personal Secretary job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Office Management or Secretarial Studies from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least five (5) years’ related experience three of which shall be in a busy working environment in a similar or related position.
· Computer proficiency in MS Office applications like MS. Word, Power point and Excel.
· Knowledge of, and experience in the oil and gas sector.
· Evidence of additional training and experience in office management and secretarial work.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
· Excellent track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Courteousness and customer care skills.
· Should have a typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
· Proven record of completing tasks to a high standard and meeting deadlines.
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to varying situations with a high degree of j attention to detail and initiative.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline