Job Title: Personal Assistant to the MD
Organisation: Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited mandate is supply of high quality pharmaceutical and medical products (consumables and equipment) of latest technology in Uganda and E. Africa; Manufacture Drugs and Medical Devices/Instruments; Operate the Microhaem Medical Equipment Training School (offer training, research, capacity building programmes, establish incubation centre; collaborate with and outsource medical professionals from related training institutions globally); run curriculum that meets international standards); and engage in maintenance, servicing and repairing of medical equipment.
Job Summary: The Personal Assistant provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the MD, helping him to manage and prioritise his time. The incumbent will be responsible for providing full secretarial assistance to the management team during absences to ensure a high level of service is maintained. This position will be of key importance within the organisation and the successful candidate must have previous secretarial, administrative experience and medical background within a fast-paced customer facing environment. The incumbent will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will manage and maintain the MD’s diary and email account.
· Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
· Organise inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
· Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments accordingly.
· Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
· Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
· Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
· Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
· Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
· Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
· Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
· Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
· Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the MD.
· Keep and retrieve files.
· Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
· Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
· The incumbent will attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
· Perform other ad-hoc tasks in line with the values of the Company that may be deemed necessary.
Key Results Areas:
· Reduced turn-around time on responses mails and appointments
· Improved travel schedules and logistical management
· Demonstrated organisational and planning ability
· Demonstrated effective communication
· Improved MD’s performance in document processing, response to requests from departmental heads,
· Improved Records and Information Management
· Effective and efficient diary management
· Effective administrative processes (e.g. set up of meetings, reminders and preparation producing presentation).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Degree level in the following fields Bio-Medical Lab, Nursing, BBA, and MPH.
· At least two (2) years PA/Secretarial experience at a senior level
· Shorthand and excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
· Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Professional telephone & email manner
· A good deal of common sense, etiquette and ability to think
· A good deal and observation and sense of listening
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Bright, confident personality & Maintains confidentiality
· Well presented
· Highly personable & likeable /charming
· Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
· Willingness to travel
· Age: Between 25-30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their sealed applications either hand delivered or via post to:
ACLAIM Africa Limited,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P. O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda.
The completed applications should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and Copies of Academic Certificates.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline