Job Title: Performance Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Performance Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will manage the development and implementation of systems for planning, monitoring and evaluation of the RHITES-EC project, document, share information and knowledge, in line with the project’s M&E guidelines, program strategies and M&E frameworks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will also build the capacity of district implementing partners in Participatory Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) in line with the RHITES-EC M&E frameworks and work plan.
· Actively participate in the development and periodic review of Key Performance Indicators for different project supported technical areas.
· Coordinate design, implementation of periodic project performance reviews
· Offer technical guidance and coordinate implementation of Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) methodology and application of GIS solutions.
· Provide technical support to the different RHITES-EC technical areas during planning, budgeting and M&E.
· Provide technical support to the RHITES-EC district partners in monitoring, reporting and documentation.
· Support the communications team to document and share success and impact stories.
· Actively participate in the consolidation of periodic plans and RHITES-EC reports in line with planning and reporting processes.
· Support reporting and documentation for Quality Improvement projects.
· Compile progress reports for management decision making in line with the project implementation plan and USAID requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Performance Monitoring & Evaluation Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor of Statistics, Social Sciences or Economics. Possession of a Master’s degree in related field will be added advantage.
· Possession of a Post-graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management
· At least five years of field experience in participatory approaches and methodologies, research, planning, monitoring and evaluation of community-based projects from a reputable organization.
· Possess research skills of data collection, analysis, presentation and reporting
· Possess experience in conducting LQAS and reporting results from LQAS studies.
· Excellent data analysis, reporting and presentation skills and should have experience in presenting project and scientific study results at conferences and stakeholders’ meetings.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline