Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Director Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Storage will be responsible for the Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Storage Directorate and will report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Authority. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and regarding the development of midstream oil and gas infrastructure including investments in refineries, pipelines, other transmission modes for petroleum, gas processing, petrochemical developments, and storage facilities in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Storage Directorate.
· In charge of the review of any updated designs during construction of midstream facilities.
· Responsible for monitoring and regulating of midstream oil and gas activities and reporting compliance of the licensees in the midstream oil and gas sector with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines and contracts in Uganda.
· Responsible for evaluating and advising on j plans and engineering designs for midstream facilities.
· Responsible for the administration of agreements and contracts related to the midstream oil and gas activities in the country.
· Recommend and advise on the policies, legislation and codes of practice affecting midstream petroleum activities in Uganda.
· In charge of evaluating and advising on the facilities operations plans submitted by the licensees and other relevant activities.
· Ensure and facilitate competition, access and utilization of facilities by third parties in midstream petroleum infrastructure and monitor the conditions of operators and their trade practices to ensure competition and fair practice is maintained.
· Responsible for evaluating and recommending approval of transmission and storage tariffs, levies and pricing frameworks of operators of transmission and storage facilities.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Director Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Storage job opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Chemical and/or Process Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Pipeline Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
· A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least ten years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, 7 years of which should be in a busy and well organized institution.
· Demonstrated working experience in a leadership role in an organization /project with diverse professional
· Possession of an Internationally Recognised qualification in Management, Law, Economics or Business Administration is desired
· An internationally recognised professional qualification or membership of an internationally recognised professional body in the areas of Engineering.
· Good knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum refining, processing, transportation and storage.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team,
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline