Job Title: Office Manager
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resources Specialist
Job ID: 13-9263
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Office Manager will mainly be responsible for overseeing the receipt, storage, requisition and disbursement of supplies, materials and equipment ensuring that staff members have access to the necessary items whenever required. In addition, s/he is responsible for providing logistical support and to monitor proper accountability of supplies, material and safeguarding assets and inventory of the organization. S/he is a member of the MSH Uganda Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) and reports directly to the Human Resources Specialist.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Stores, Stock, Asset and Inventory Management:
· Oversee management of Stores for office consumables, program supplies including monitoring stock levels and ascertaining re-order levels.
· Inspect goods at receipt, including issuing GRVs and recording receipts in stock cards. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged at the time of receipt, and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
· Keep track of movement of the items in and out of the stores and to the final destination(s).
· Ensure the availability of adequate amount of supplies and materials regularly required for smooth operation of project activities.
· Coordinate with Procurement Unit to assist in the procurement of goods and services when stocks run low.
· In charge of maintaining an inventory tracker for items tagged and labeled in the stores, ensuring that items do not leave the stores until they have been tagged and labeled accordingly.
· Taking regular inventory of assets or items in the stores, in office and at regional or partner offices.
· Offer support in ensuring that complete record of assets, equipment and inventories (asset register) are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor regulations. Ensure assets are allocated and signed for properly.
· Ensure the safety and security of the stock, ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place to guard against theft, fire or any form of destruction.
· Capture data and update stock orders in a computerized inventory system; prepare monthly stock reports for review by the Human Resource Specialist.
· Manages the dispatch of stores items. It is the responsibility of the position holder to keep reminding requestors of the items or equipment to be dispatched.
· Offer support in coordinating inventory dispositions as approved.
· Ensure equipment is available and serviced regularly.
· Work closely with the Human Resource Specialist to ensure a safe, clean, workplace; managing all general office services (furniture, windows, blinds & electrical repairs, cleanliness, utility bills, security, fumigation among others)
· Offer timely, cost effective, and high quality support and service to the project.
· Assist to mitigate risks and rectify challenges identified.
· Ensure actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in policy guidelines.
· Actively contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Office Manager career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or related field
· At least two years relevant experience in similar position.
· Strong administrative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse clients and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
· Ability to work independently, take initiative and learn complex procedures.
· Knowledge of donor regulations preferred.
· Computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline