Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.5 [04/16]
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of staff welfare management for the OAG
· Responsible for planning and organizing the manpower resource through recruitment, deployment and training.
· Offering technical advice to the Directorates, departments/units on matters related to Human Resource Management.
· In charge of monitoring staff performance through staff appraisal exercise to ensure quality service delivery.
· Responsible for preparing Human Resource Management work plans, budgets and performance reports as instructed by the supervisor
· Interpreting the Human Resource policies, rules, regulations and procedures
· Offering technical assistance in the management of the payroll in the OAG.
· In charge of compiling, reviewing and keeping custody of the staff lists and relates staff records.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Human Resource Officer vacancy must be Ugandans who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Social work and Social Administration (SWSA), Human Resources Management, Social Sciences (with Personnel/Human resource Management as an option), Arts (with Personnel/Human Resource Management as an option) from a recognized university or any other Bachelor's Degree majoring in Human Resource Management
· Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications including;
· Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above
· Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
· Names of three (3) referees and their contacts
· A recent passport size photograph
The complete applications should be submitted with an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House
NB: The complete applications through Post Office should be by registered mail. Applications received shall be acknowledged by the office. All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments
The complete applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General Audit House
Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O. Box 7083,
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline