Job Title: Finance Intern (No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Finance Intern will actively facilitate the efficient and effective financial operation of DRC operation. She/he will ensure compliance with the DRC operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Senior Finance Officer and the Accountant in their respective areas of responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Finance Intern will manage accounting files/ vouchers for the Country Office
· Prepare vouchers for Cash and Bank payments
· Prepare cheques and maintain the cheque register
· Ensure completeness and correctness of documents before any payment is made
· Scan financial vouchers on monthly basis
· In charge of verifying vouchers received from the field offices
· In charge of maintaining file register for finance files held in Kampala office
· Work closely with the Logistics Department, follow-up on receipts from Suppliers
· Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Finance Intern job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent of the professional qualification in Accounting with at least Knowledge in CPA or ACCA level 2
· No experience is required
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Word & Excel and other accounting software
· Good IT skills
NB: We offer no salary for this position but an exgratia allowance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
· A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
· Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be addressed to the Country HR/Admin coordinator and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should clearly read “Finance Intern – Kampala.”
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline