Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer-Agricultural Lending will support the Pride branch by recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients’ business and homes to assess credit worthiness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of marketing the Agricultural loan product.
- Responsible for client mobilization, sensitization and training.
- Responsible for loan disbursements.
- Follow-up and recovery of loans.
- Ensure proper filing of all Agricultural loan documentation.
- Cross-sell the company’s products to clients and enhance/protect the reputation of the company at all times.
- Significantly contribute positively to branch performance by continuously achieving all set targets.
- Perform any other duties as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Diploma in Agricultural economics, Agricultural Extensions, Agricultural Land Use & Management, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural & Rural Innovations, veterinary Science or any other relevant/related field.
- The applicants should possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level
- Credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle, should possess a riding permit and /or process one within a period not exceeding one month of probation.
- Fluent in commonly used local languages within Western Uganda.
- Willingness to work in any part of the country.
- Be ready to challenge themselves to continuously deliver exceptional performance.
- Computer literate, highly motivated, innovative & a self-starter.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess leadership skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy & have a high degree of integrity
- Age: less than 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline