Job Title: Network Administrator
Organisation: NTV Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited owns and operates NTV the number one TV station in Uganda. We are a subsidiary of the Nation Media Group, which is East & Central Africa’s largest multi-media group.
Job Summary: The Network Administrator will manage the administration, management and maintenance of computer network systems and data circuits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop, install, maintain, and update the Local Area Network (LAN) hardware and software in line with IT requirements of the company.
· Maintain the availability and reliability of the ICT infrastructure, applications, hardware and connectivity
· Offer technical user support with respect to required hardware configurations and network infrastructure solutions and advise management and staff.
· Formulate, implement, and maintain an Information Technology Business Continuity Plan that guarantees availability of all NTV electronic data in the event of a disaster in line with departmental mission.
· Responsible for network modeling by using information on existing network traffic and estimating the effects of growth on the network.
· Tasked with analyzing the effect that newer equipment might have on network performance by making accurate upgrade recommendations to management.
· Ensuring network security by considering how an additional firewall or content filter will affect performance. This requires staying ahead of hackers to protect his company’s network.
· Ensure that the network fileservers are backed up in a state where full disaster recovery procedures can be implemented with minimum loss of information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the NTV Network Administrator job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT, or Computer Engineering
· Applicants with professional certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) have an added advantage
· A minimum of four years of relevant technical experience
· Prior experience supporting, implementing and administrating networks such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory
· Ability to work long and odd hours in a fast paced environment
· Work independently with little or no supervision
· Broad knowledge and understanding of IT industry best practices and standards
· Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
· Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
· Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
· Possess Linux / Unix systems and network administration.
· Broad knowledge of Virtualization technology and application in a co-operate network environment is added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a Capability Statement (2 pages max) together with your updated CV to the address below;
Human Resources Manager,
Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited – NTV Uganda,
Kampala Serena Conference Center,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Academic and other support documents that vouch for your abilities don’t have to be submitted at this stage. These will be requested for at subsequent stages.
Deadline: 21st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline