Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a Company limited by guarantee under Makerere University. MJAP emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). MJAP currently supports provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and related services with funding from the US Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from CDC. For greater impact and sustainability, MJAP also supports strength¬ening of all the health system components in the partner institutions to enhance their capacity to provide these services.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will be mainly responsible for the overall technical leadership in developing and monitoring implementation of M & E management systems and guidelines for measuring and tracking the performance & impact of various projects. The incumbent provides technical guidance and coordinate efforts in strengthening the M & E system in the MJAP-supported districts and health facilities and supports use of strategic information to improve programming.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop and monitor the implementation of the M & E framework for monitoring the progress and impact of projects in line with the agreed upon performance indicators as per donor requirements
· The jobholder will also develop and monitor the implementation of periodic M & E departmental plans and manage the M & E budget in line with MJAP mission and financial guidelines
· Develop and monitor the implementation of approaches for conducting periodic surveys (baseline/site assessment, progress/midterm, and end of project) to establish the current, progress and impact level of project in relation to the set performance indicators in line with the project objectives, M & E departmental mission and donor guidelines
· Regularly monitor the implementation of MOH and donor guidelines for data utilization and feedback mechanisms which includes periodic district/program/department/ health unit reviews in line with various program objectives.
· Develop and review MIS specifications for various projects and monitor functionality of the different information systems in line with MOH and donor guidelines
· The incumbent will develop and monitor the implementation of the capacity building plan (in terms of training, mentorship and support supervision) for M & E in all MJAP supported districts and health facilities in line with the M & E plan and MJAP capacity building guidelines
· Offer technical support to the district teams and health providers in advanced data collection mechanisms; data analysis; timely, complete and accurate reporting, utilization of data for quality improvement & programming, as well as documentation and sharing of lessons learnt.
· Develop/review support supervision guidelines, plans and tools for various projects in MJAP in liaison with MOH, donors and other stakeholders
· Develop a system and procedures for generating quality programme reports to key stakeholders in line with various program objectives
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with MoH, districts, CDC and other key stakeholders for a comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions for M&E in line with various program objectives
· Develop M&E components for new projects during proposal preparation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in M.B.Ch.B or BSc Nursing.
· Possession of a post- graduate training in Biostatistics, MPH, or Epidemiology is a must.
· Training in Program Monitoring and Evaluation is a must
· A minimum of three years of related work experience in program monitoring and evaluation programs of which (3) should be in strengthening district health systems for HIV/AIDS service delivery
· Comprehensive knowledge of current MOH and PEPFAR reporting requirements
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) via Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 4th November 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline