Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Organisation: Social Impact (SI)
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Strategic Information Technical Support Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
About USAID Project:
Social Impact (SI) is planning to bid on a USAID Strategic Information Technical Support Activity. The activity intends to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s heath system, with particular focus on its response to HIV/AIDS epidemic. The anticipated project will be a multi-year contract up to five years.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will develop an evaluation plan and monitoring database to inform HIV/AIDS and Health policies and strategies in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop an evaluation plan for the program to gather data related HIV/AIDS and Health.
· Maintain a program monitoring database.
· Measure and track progress made toward achieving targets based on required indicators and report to Strategic Information Team Lead.
· Design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations to promote evidence-based decision making and culture.
· Develop monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools for the project and Implementing Partners as needed.
· Offer technical assistance to Implementing Partners and stakeholders on data management and M&E.
· Lead efforts to design and implement training sessions for implementing partners to foster learning and informed decision making.
· Offer support in the development and strengthening of national Monitoring and Evaluation System.
· Offer support in partnerships and utilization of data to inform policy and strategies on HIV/AIDS and Health.
· Facilitate and support the preparation and dissemination of the data gathered.
· Actively participate in national data reviews for Health and HIV/AIDS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold either a master’s degree with an additional three years of experience in M&E, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, research methods, or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree with an additional five years of experience.
· At least five years’ experience in developing M&E frameworks, performance monitoring systems, overseeing and monitoring data collection from Health Management Information Systems, and working for health programs
· Previous experience in designing and implementing M&E systems for international donor-funded projects in Uganda.
· Previous experience with USAID M&E tools, policies, procedures, data quality requirements, and developing M&E systems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Fluency in English required.
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join Social Impact’s USAID project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline