Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Independent Development Fund (IDF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Independent Development Fund (IDF) is a Ugandan non-political, non-governmental, not-for-profit grant mechanism, providing support to civil society organizations to promote human rights, access to justice and social accountability in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will offer support in implementing all program monitoring and evaluation activities and strengthening the viability of grantees on human rights monitoring and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will collate all Project Results from grantee project implementation on a quarterly basis.
· Assess organisational (IDF) & grantee M & E capacity gaps and recommend appropriate measures to address them.
· Offer support in the design and development of program specific Performance Monitoring Plans as well as Monitoring and Evaluation plans at IDF
· Offer technical support to the grantees to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation systems, data management and results oriented programming to ensure compliance to contractual obligations.
· The incumbent will implement relevant M&E tools, formats, procedures and systems that effectively track project deliverables and progress
· Actively participate in identifying quantitative and qualitative indicators, benchmarks and data sources for program deliverables and report on progress.
· Carry out accurate and timely data collection, correlation, storage, analysis and reporting on indicators.
· Responsible for the coordination of monitoring visits to partners to ascertain status of project achievements.
· Submission of reports e.g., quarterly, annual and other programme reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or a related discipline
· At least three years of relevant professional experience.
· Previous experience with M&E systems’ design, data collection, processing and analyses and indicator construction
· Computer software proficiency i.e. MS Office and database programs.
· Proven ability to work in a team
· Analysis , judgement
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, updated curriculum vita, professional and academic certificates and full addresses of three professional referees to: The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline