Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will take lead in the operationalization of the programme M&E strategy in Yumbe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide inputs during project design, proposal discussions, Macro log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
· Offer support in the implementation of a data management system that would standardize the M&E information flow and reporting.
· The incumbent will develop data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
· Provide technical inputs to program for comprehensive knowledge management including result tracking, documentation of case studies/ human interest stories and lessons learned and sharing with all the relevant bodies for incorporation in future project designs.
· Ensure that a beneficiary accountability mechanism is in place and utilized.
· Ensure documentation systems are in place and utilized for safeguarding documents on physical and digital archives and maintain confidentiality of the data
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job opportunity should hold a Post-Graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Information Systems Management, Operations Research or related qualification
· At least three years’ experience preferably within the humanitarian field.
· Three years’ experience designing and implementing scientific research (research project leader on at least one major research project
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Prior exposure and experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs.
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring.
· Documented results related to position’s responsibilities
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
· Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
· Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging program area
· Excellent coordination skills
· Goal oriented and visionary
· Patient, flexible and creative
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline