Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead the development and management of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) for Butalejja Maternal Newborn and Child Health Project (BMNCH). The incumbent will work with the team to build capacity on the use of data and indicators; analyze monthly data, and support training in quality assurance methods. The Officer will lead the process working with district health team in strengthening the District Information System, prepare periodic reports and spearhead evaluations for the project that assess impact and drive programmatic learning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that capacity of Project Officers is sufficiently developed to BMNCH monitoring and Evaluation needs.
· Support adequate training and readiness of Field Assistants who would be engaged for annual reviews and evaluations
· Ensure that M&E tools are developed to capture, aggregate or make programmatic meaning of data collected from the field
· The incumbent will develop and review project reporting tools and templates
· Serve as the M&E technical resource and contact person for BMNCH and other implementing partners on M&E issues including knowledge sharing
· Assist the BMNCH Project Manager to coordinate assessments, designs/redesign, baselines, evaluations, transitions and other operational research activities in the operational areas.
· Support the integration of feedbacks, lessons and recommendations from evaluations and audits into programs
· Support in the design of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools that sufficiently fit the purpose of operations research
· Closely monitor indicators to ensure that corrective recommendations are provided on a timely basis
· Ensure that M&E inputs needed from implementing partners are gathered on a timely basis for project reporting
· Regularly monitor the documentation and archiving of relevant project success and other M&E materials
· Provide technical backstopping in the production of all project reports and submit them to the manager.
· Conduct data quality assessments of programmatic data to ensure minimum quality standards are achieved
· Ensure timely feedback on workflow processes at the district level in relation to M&E
· Coordinate implementation of program assessments, re-designs, baselines, DIPs, semi/annual management reports, and evaluations; and provide quality reviews prior to National Office approval
· Design and implement program impact assessments, operation research or special studies to improve programming in line with program implementation plan, WV Uganda evaluation strategy and donor regulations
· Offer technical guidance and coordinate implementation of WV Partnership and WV Uganda strategic initiatives to improve quality of DME for programs, e.g., Adoption of GIS Solutions, LQAS methodology, alignment of programs/projects to CWBT, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - BMNCH Project employee should hold a University degree in development discipline/Monitoring and evaluation.
· Masters degree in an added advantage
· At least three years of field experience in research, management, monitoring and evaluation of community-based projects.
· Must be able to work in a team and be prepared to train partners and staff in monitoring and evaluation
· Computer literacy skills and knowledge of computer programs and software
· Possess research skills of data collection, analysis, presentation and reporting
· Must have training and facilitation skills
· Strong analytical and report writing skills
· Responsive and ability to take initiative
· Willingness to travel to the field frequently
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline