Job Title: MIS and Business Process Administrator
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, ICT
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 240,000 depositors and over 26,000’ borrowers, through a network of 35 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The MIS and Business Process Administrator will plan, test and implement new changes in the bank’s core databases so as to ensure data integrity and optimal data performance; to provide a range of administrative and technical services to our clients end to end business process; to automate systems administration tasks and author policies and procedures that support maximum uptime operation of all system applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the business process review for all identified departments and functional areas.
· Regularly monitor and manage all aspects of core banking systems performance and availability.
· Develop and maintain system tools and job streams for automating or simplifying system administration tasks such as implementing new changes in the core banking systems.
· Ensure that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
· Perform disk and tape backups of server databases, logs and system states.
· Collaborate with resources to ensure all system design requirements adequately reflect the defined business processes and fully support all components of the functional business requirements.
· Ensure effective technical performance of the database system, including taking necessary action to improve performance, initiate recovery activities when system failures occur.
· Carry out adequate storage, data retrieval, and archiving processes.
· Maintain archived data, audit and review systems plus practices so as to ensure compliance with IT policy and standards.
· Create the business process review schedule by functional area.
· Conduct systems support and user support on the core banking systems.
· Support the creation and/or create test plans and training materials relevant to the approved client business processes.
· Perform administration and managing user rights and permissions on the core banking systems.
· Ensure that all appropriate system tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon by the business unit and IT.
· Provide resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test efforts in respect of business processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Finance Trust Bank MIS and Business Process Administrator should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
· Working experience preferably with a financial institution in the area of database administration and data centre management.
· Professional certification i.e. OCP, MCDBA, and Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX certification preferably HP-UX and LINUX will be desirable.
· Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
· Broad knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and UNIX i.e. SOLARIS & AS400.
· Working knowledge of SQL and database management Systems is a must
· Previous experience working with open source RDBMS e.g. Mysql
· Knowledge of shell scripting and other scripting languages like Perl, Python, PHP etc..
· Ability to work independently at any Group location in an IT support capacity;
· Ability to quickly assess organizational needs relative to databases and datacenter problems;
· Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in verbal discussions with users;
· Excellent presentation and organizational skills
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include; photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number to; Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe, P. O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline