Job Title: Materials Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Resident Engineer
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement the requirements of the Construction Discipline Quality Manual (PCP).
· Maintain site dairy on a daily basis.
· Oversee all functions of the site laboratory and perform all checks to ensure the accuracy of test results.
· Arrange testing of materials and workmanship, issue job requests to the laboratory through the Laboratory Manager. Liaise with the Contractor’s Material Engineer.
· Evaluate the Contractor’s construction methods and comment upon it.
· Establish the dates for the technical meetings with the site laboratory staff, compile the agenda and minutes and distribute it.
· Attend safety meetings.
· Oversee the updating of the drawings with “As Built” information on a continuous basis.
· Oversee the updating of the “As Built” materials documentation on a continuous basis.
· Ensure that all work is submitted for approval and implement the “Request for Approval of Work” procedure.
· Regularly monitor the establishment of the testing facility.
· Manage the calibration and frequency of calibration of equipment.
· Evaluate the testing methods.
· Receive and check test results from the Lab Manager.
· Check compliance of all materials and products that are delivered to site.
· Perform visual inspections of the works.
· Evaluate and approve work and maintain required registers.
· Take photographs on a regular basis and archive it in the Database.
· Prepare snag lists of completed works.
· Finalise site records and prepare for storage.
· Make contributions to the monthly construction report.
· Prepare Appendices for monthly meeting as required by the RE.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geology or Internationally recognised equivalent.
· At least ten years post graduate experience on civil engineering projects of which at least 6 years as Pavement Materials specialist on road construction or rehabilitation projects.
· Five years relevant experience in developing countries on similar assignments.
· Chartered Civil Engineer or Registered with an relevant Professional Organisation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join AECOM are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline