Job Title: Marketing and Sales Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ABB is a leading global technology company that works closely with utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future of industrial digitization and realize value. ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
Job Summary: The Marketing and Sales Manager will be responsible for defining and implementing sales and marketing strategies for the assigned area; proactively leading, developing and coaching the Marketing & Sales department; and managing the marketing and sales action plans to both achieve the key qualitative and quantitative targets in a profitable way, and to ensure superior customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strategy: Responsible for creating, planning and implementing the marketing and sales strategy for the assigned area in accordance with the global marketing and sales strategy, and budget and efficiency targets
· Targets: The incumbent will establish marketing and sales targets and ensure their achievement through regular oversight, and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
· Sales Activities:
o Responsible for achieving assigned order intake, margin and related objectives for the entire product portfolio.
o Drive evaluation of potential new and existing customers and their needs and leads the team in a proactive post-sales approach with a focus on solutions.
· Marketing Activities:
o In charge of product marketing, industry, segment marketing and strategic and tactical marketing plan to support the relevant organization.
o Oversee market, competitive analysis and market segment definition activities, ensuring the market is monitored by developing and maintaining efficient marketing tools.
· Customer relations and satisfaction:
o Build and strengthen relationships with key customers and other decision makers.
o In charge of planning and implementing customer surveys, analyzing and acting on the results in order to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Volume, profit, price and cost:
o Identify, monitor and maintain/exceed the sales market price levels, evaluating pricing impact on the results.
o Ensure achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for individual sales opportunities.
o Manages ongoing costs.
· Regularly monitor client financial status and reports any changes., regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams.
· Responsible for identifying and managing risks relating to contract agreements and prices across customers/channels.
· Administration: Takes ownership of the marketing and sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs.
· People leadership and development:
o Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
o Coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
o Drive and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering
· At least five years’ proven experience in leading a sales team in the local and international market.
· Broad market knowledge
· Good product knowledge
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to lead and guide sales teams will make you the ideal candidate.
· Possess goof social and networking abilities
· Open to travelling will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below and uploading CVs on the online system
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline